The following may help you in fixing duplicate or missing push notification issues on the Canvas app.
- JHU Recommendations
- Vendor Documentation
- More Questions?
JHU Recommendations for Duplicate or Missing Notifications
If you are having issues with duplicate push notifications on your mobile device, try the following solutions. Additionally, these options can help you get push notifications if you are not receiving them. You do not have to do all of these solutions; try one at a time until it works.
Option 1: Toggle Device Notification
- Turn off notifications at the device level (in the settings of Android or Apple devices) for a few minutes.
- Then turn them back on.
Option 2: Toggle Notifications on the Canvas Student or Teacher app
- Turn off all notifications in Canvas under Push Notifications: For all device
- Wait a few minutes and turn them back on.
Option 3: Uninstall and Reinstall the App
- If you continue to have issues with push notifications, delete/uninstall the Canvas App on your phone and then reinstall it from the Apple app or Google Play store.
- Then, Log in to the app, and Allow the app to send you notifications (if you would like notifications set up).
More Help on Removing/Adding Apps on Mobile Devices
- How to delete apps on Apple Mobile devices.
- How to delete apps on Android devices.
- Install Canvas Student on iOS and Android.
- Canvas Teacher iOS and Android.
- Canvas Notifications Guide (this is an extension of the Guide info)
- Instructure Vendor Community Solution
- Visit the student resources area or the Student Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more information.
- If you have additional questions, contact your school-specific support.