Instructors and students may access Canvas from a mobile device, and while Canvas can be accessed via a mobile web browser, it is not officially supported. For the best user experience, we recommend using the free Canvas Student app, available for iOS and Android.
When using a mobile device, it is vital to use the app to access a wider range of features. Using the website through a mobile browser allows limited viewing access on mobile devices but will not allow for some grading, quizzing, and other features to work properly.
How does Canvas differ from Blackboard?
Canvas’ mobile interface is more robust and user-friendly.
How to use – Canvas instructions
- Log in to Canvas on your web browser on your computer
- Click Account: “QR for Mobile Users”
- Follow the Canvas app download directions to install the app on your device
- Open the downloaded app
- Select “QR Login”
- Press “Next”
- Press “Ok” to allow access to your camera
- Scan the QR code on your web browser with your device
- Access your account on the app