Our institution has obtained a campus-wide license for Respondus 4.0. Respondus 4.0 is a powerful tool for creating and managing exams that can be published directly to our LMS or printed for paper-based exams. Exams can be created offline using a familiar Windows environment and can also be moved from one LMS to another. For more details, visit respondus.com/respondus.
Our license also permits you to install a copy of Respondus 4.0 on a personal computer. However, you are not permitted to provide the Respondus 4.0 software or the password information to anyone who is not affiliated with our institution. Such an action is a violation of our licensing agreement with Respondus and is also illegal.
You can obtain a copy of the Respondus 4.0 software from the JHU mySoftware Catalog
- Divisional Access
- How does Canvas differ from Blackboard?
- How to Use
- Best Practices
The license makes Respondus available for Faculty and Staff at Johns Hopkins University.
- Operating System: Windows 11 or 10
- Memory: 32 MB RAM minimum
- Hard Disk Space: 10 MB of free hard disk space for program files
- Monitor: 1024×768 or 1280×720 minimum resolution
- Download Time: The file size is approximately 10 MB
How does Canvas differ from Blackboard?
We cannot directly publish to Canvas with our Single Sign-On (SSO). Please use the following workarounds with canvas.jhu.edu.
How to Use
- Context-sensitive help is available throughout the software by pressing the F1 key. It is also available by selecting “Help” from the toolbar.
- Quick Start Guide, User Guides & Video Tutorials: https://web.respondus.com/he/respondus/resources/