The Calendar is a great way to view everything due for all your courses in one place. You can view calendar events by day, week, month, or agenda list.
Scheduler is a Calendar tool that creates appointment groups within a course or group. Students can sign up for a time slot within the appointment group. Some appointment time slots may only allow one student to sign up at a time, while others may allow an entire group to sign up.
Only students can sign up for appointment slots in the Scheduler. If a student signs up for an appointment slot, an observer who is observing the student can view the appointment in the student’s calendar. Observers cannot sign up for an appointment on behalf of a student.
- If you change your language or locale preferences, the Calendar week start date may also change. Certain languages or locales change the Calendar week start date to Monday.
- The Calendar spans all courses and displays information for each of your enrolled courses and groups. In the navigation bar, you can choose to view the calendar in Week, Month, or Agenda view. The view you choose dictates the style of the calendar window. By default, the calendar appears in Month view.
How does Canvas differ from Blackboard?
- The Canvas calendar has a more robust, interactive interface which makes it more useful.
- Drag-and-drop functionality makes it easy to add or change due dates and event times.
How to use – Canvas instructions314 – Calendar Overview from Instructure Canvas Community on Vimeo.
- Canvas offers an in-depth guide on Calendar.
- Explore how to bulk update the assignment dates in your course for a new term.
- Canvas offers an in-depth guide to Scheduler.
Best Practices and Accessibility
Several Canvas features have been specifically improved for accessibility. The Calendar supports Agenda View, which lists all assignments and events in a list or agenda format.